My SpineSafe™ Pilates mat class recordings are currently available on my YouTube channel.
This class is suitable for beginners.
The SpineSafe™ approach is based on the 8 principles of Pilates, combined with the latest research from physiotherapy. The class is created for those with specific spinal conditions such as low back pain, disc prolapse, spinal stenosis, osteoporosis, scoliosis, and surgery.
You will be guided through each exercise safely for your body with the specific goals of:
- managing & reducing your pain symptoms
- improving your posture
- developing functional core strength
- creating stability in the pelvis and shoulder girdle
- increasing mobility and range of movement
- supporting activities of daily life (ie. walking, sitting, standing, lying down, getting up, carrying shopping, reaching up to a shelf, picking up the kids, getting into the car, etc.)
We work to develop balance throughout your body and build a strong, stable, supportive base for everyday movement patterns. The exercises complement and support the work you are doing/have done with other health care professionals such as your primary care provider or physiotherapist.
Please be sure that you have been cleared for exercise by your health care provider. Participation and safety in classes is solely the responsibility of the individual. This class is not a substitute for medical care and is not intended to provide medical advice.